Friday, August 1, 2014

Pizza pies & LAX goodbyes

Ryan is flying to Germany for his 31st birthday trip this morning. I'm so happy for him reaching his goals of "100 Countries In A Lifetime"... he will officially be at 31 after this trip. Wow! Living the dream.

We had a good "final night" last night, we went to Fresh Brother's (the BEST pizza in LA!) and got a deep dish... since we moved, the nearest Fresh Bros location is in Marina Del Rey, a neighborhood I adore. It's really cute and has a few upscale shopping centers, I love getting my hair done at Drybar off the Fiji Road square, it's lovely and always filled with beautiful people. I was filming Delilah playing by the fountain last night and a woman asked if she could take a family photo for us-- I LOVE that! Ryan isn't big on taking pictures, so this mama was more than happy to let her snap us:) She asked us to light a candle for our soldiers, I thought about that request all night and will most certainly do that. Here's a couple pics (I was not expecting to have my picture taken, so excuse my workout clothes & hair!).


We had a great time playing by the fountain, there was a statue of a little boy and terrified Delilah lol! We took our pizza home and watched "Who the [bleep] Did I Marry?!" on Netflix, packed Ryan's luggage for his flight, and stayed up late having family time:) Pure bliss.

After just a few hours of sleep, our alarms went off and we were up and out the door! Traffic wasn't bad at all (the sun was just coming up) and we were at the airport in 15 minutes. A few quick hugs & kisses and Ryan was off!

Terminal 5, Delta baby!


So... Ms. Delilah & I have a solid week of girl time! I have plenty of things to keep us busy, too. I always plan ahead for "our" weeks...
This week I'm turning our plain wooden coffee table and turning it into a game table! Oldschool Nintendo style. Here's my design:


I'll make a how-to post as I create it in case anyone else wants to try it out. Since I already have the perfect wooden rectangular table, the project shouldn't cost too much... just need a little sandpaper, some small samples of paint, and a brush!

I also stocked up on a bunch of workbooks & flash cards & school supplies yesterday since it's "back-to-school" season... here's a few things I picked up at Target:

I love playing "school" with my 3-year-old, and she loves being my "student" even more so! She is such a quick learner, her brain is like a sponge and is absolutely soaking up all the things I teach her. I picked up a pack of flash cards at Barnes & Noble last week on a whim, took them home, and Delilah FLEW through them! She has learned a mind-blowing about of words in just a few days, so I went straight for the flashcard section yesterday and bought everything they had. Hopefully she can zoom through these as well, putting us in the 'Kindergarten' level!! WOOHOO!
It makes me feel really good knowing that I get to stay home and teach her things, rather than sending her to daycare... it's important to take advantage of this time, and use it as wisely as possible. I think she is doing exceedingly well and saying "I'm proud of her" is a total understatement. 

We have a lot of exciting things planned for 'fun', too, including nail painting, scrapbooking, and a little home decorating. 
Speaking of nail painting, I am trying to think of a new design to try on my nails... I started watching Youtube videos of nail design how-to's and got so sucked in! Before I knew it, I was researching acrylic nails and gathering supplies to try my hand at it...I totally dove in head-first and before I knew it, I had a new favorite hobby-- nails! Silly as it may seem, it's really relaxing for me and let's me channel some inner creativity. I just got this huge pack of fimo canes last week, which I'm crazy about:
Look at the all the creative opportunities! Hearts, and leaves, and kiwi... oh my!
That's a whole blog post in itself though, I'll start posting my designs... maybe even some how-to's if I can. 

That's all for now, I need to head over to Home Depot for my paints and start this table! Woot!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-41200382-1