Friday, August 8, 2014

How To Organize Your Electronics Cords & Cables... for $7!!


Being married to a computer engineer, having a box (or three) of jumbled electronic stuff is pretty common. I'm not sure if most households have a box of tangled wires & cords, or if my husband's love of technology is to blame... but we've always had a giant box of cords. It's as simple as needing a USB cord, and BAM! It becomes a tangled mess.

A few months ago, I saw the box of stuff and began brainstorming ways to gain control over the knotted mess... a quick trip to Target and $6 later, I found a solution!
Here's how I did it:

This is the box. The dreaded box of one giant knot. (Do you have one of these, or is this just the side-effects of having a husband in IT??)
Routers, and cables, and chargers... oh my!


I went to Target and found this plastic storage bin & lid for $4.99, and 2 cheap boxes of plastic baggies in 'portion control' & 'quart' sizes. 


Now simply place each individual cord in the appropriate sized baggie and seal. Feel free to label the baggie with a Sharpie if necessary!



Neatly place each cable-filled baggie into the storage, pop the lid on, and voila! A clean, tidy, organized electronics storage system.



Easy peasy. 
Happy organizing!

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-41200382-1