Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My husband surprised me with... !!!


I really try to limit how much I talk about my husband, I really do. I think of myself as a strong woman with my own hobbies & interests & goals... but there is no denying that I'm head-over-heels for my other half. I love who he is, and find myself wanting to tell the world how much I admire him. I think he is the greatest man in the universe, he is everything I dreamed of in a man and more, and so to get me to shut-up bragging about him is... really tough!

But I can't filter myself with this one...

Yesterday morning I woke up to a text message from Ryan (he is in Europe this week), not just a regular "good morning" text... he asked if I wanted to go on a cruise!!! And that we should book it that day!!! Talk about a happy wife! There isn't a person on this Earth who treats me as well as Ryan does, he loves to spoil me & Delilah... he is so good to us.

SOOO I jumped on it, of course. I searched cruise after cruise and finally, I found the one: Carnival Conquest. It's a week-long Western Caribbean cruise hitting up four different islands, here's the scoop:

  • Day 1: Debark from Miami, FL
  • Day 2: at sea (don't worry... there's pools, waterparks, drinks, & entertainment!)
  • Day 3: Cozumel, Mexico
  • Day 4: Belize
  • Day 5: Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, Honduras
  • Day 6: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
  • Day 7: at sea (more lounging, water rides, oh!... and drinks)
  • Day 8: Arrive in Miami
Oh, I forgot to mention: Not only are we going on a cruise, but instead of flying back to LA afterwards... we're going to visit my family in Georgia for a week!!!

I. AM. ECSTATIC. 
The cruise is 3 months away and I already have a list of what to pack, and have researched all the ports and scheduled excursions! 

What I love about this particular cruise is that we're visiting THE BEST snorkeling sites in the Caribbean. Last year, Ryan & I went on a Caribbean cruise and we bought snorkeling gear for the trip to try it out-- I fell in love. I could have spent ALL DAY snorkeling. He would snorkel with me for a bit, but I didn't want to get out... it feels so surreal to slowly swim through all the marine life and coral reefs, like a dream almost, so when I realized we were hitting up every single ideal-snorkeling site I was elated. Needless to say, our snorkeling gear will be the first thing that goes in our suitcase:)

I'm extra excited because Delilah gets to join us on this cruise! This will be her first time leaving the US, and Carnival is awesome for kids... they offer 'Camp Carnival' all day (like a fun daycare) if she wants to play with others kids (or if Ryan & I want some time alone), and I found a bunch of excursions she'll love. One of the islands has monkeys, one has a beach full of friendly stingrays, one has cave tubing she can go on... we're going to have a blast!

Another awesome vacation for the Thiesing family, cannot wait until November... let the countdown begin:)



No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-41200382-1