Monday, June 23, 2014

Google Family Day and DELILAH'S BIRTHDAY!

Okay, so I swore I was going to start this blog back up and suddenly 2 weeks went by without a new post. So this is me, getting into the habit of blogging again:)

This weekend was incredible! One of the best weekends we've had, as a family, in quite awhile. Everything went very smoothly, we relaxed, we celebrated, and even though something pretty terrible happened, we had a great attitude about it and didn't let it ruin our weekend... most importantly-- we celebrated Delilah's 3rd birthday!! Ohmygosh my baby girl is THREE!

In fact, it was an extended weekend! On Thursday morning, we woke up for Google's annual 'Family Day'... they are so much fun! This year, Google paid Santa Monica to close their pier so we could party! We took Delilah on almost all the rides, ate lunch and funnel cakes, played games and won prizes... it was just an awesome day!

Me & my Delilah Kate


I love this photo! It was Delilah's first non-kiddy ride... she loved it by the end:)

So after Google Family Day, we went home and prepared for the next day: Delilah's Birthday!!!
Ryan & I spent all night decorating the house, wrapping gifts, blowing balloons... here's the final look:
Cute, huh? Notice the balloons on the door, when Delilah opened the door, they fall out on her!

She woke up and loved everything! I made her birthday pancakes, sang her 'Happy Birthday', opened presents, went for lunch at Olive Garden (her fav!), and then went to a water park. She LOVED it. The day was perfect, I couldn't have planned it better myself.
 "I'm FREE!!"

The 'bad thing' that I mentioned happened this day, we were going to Hurricane Harbor Water Park, but we got a phone call saying that Ryan's passport was stolen (and likely sold on the black market)... so we needed to be by the phone around 5:30 for an important call, and so we visited Stoner Water Park instead. It actually ended up being a blessing, because instead of spending $100, we spent $8, and instead of driving 2 hours, we drove 20 minutes:)
The passport issue is still being handled, but what an unexpected twist of events! I've never dealt with identity theft before, and hopefully this won't escalate into something terrible. The main concern is dealing with this while still traveling often, if Ryan's name gets red-flagged it would be awful... he travels throughout the year, for work and leisure. He already has an awesome trip for Europe planning in August, hopefully this mess gets straightened out by then.

Saturday was a great day because we had some good quality family time, AND BONUS: Ryan & I had some extra-good quality time together to talk about future plans!!! We talked about moving, houses, each other, and a surprise which I'm not ready to reveal... it was just really nice. I love laying together and making plans with that man, I'm beyond blessed that we get to spend our life together. We had a MAJOR SUPER IMPORTANT discussion, and I'm super stoked about it... I'll post about it in the next post, because it deserves a post of its own.
Anyway, lots of hubby-bonding & family-time this weekend, a successful birthday party for the girl, a memorable Google Family Day, and a very laid back Sunday too (we ate at a new Brazilian restaurant, it was SO good, I actually ate MEAT! Then we walked around downtown pushing the stroller).
 I love my sweet family, they are my world.
Big major announcements coming soon:)

  

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-41200382-1