Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BIG NEWS!!!

The perks of (my husband) working at Google are amazing, but when you work your way up the ladder... sometimes the only place to go is to their headquarters. This is the pretty much where we are now.
Although we have put in a request to transfer to Austin, Texas... it looks like we're either staying put in Los Angeles, or move up to headquarters in Mountain View, CA. Oh, woe is me.

We are interested in Austin for several reasons:

#1. Ryan's family lives there. I LOVE being near family, the more the merrier, and since you couldn't pay me to move back near my family in Rome, GA (or any small town with nothing to do)... Austin would be it.

#2. Austin has Google Fiber. We're internet people. Enough said.

#3. We can build a giant humongous house for under $400K in Austin. With a pool. That is crazy-talk here in LA, a 2-bedroom built in 1970 can start around $400K here, that's ludicrous... I'm kinda sorta into the whole 'more bang for your buck' idea.

The truth is, if the option of moving to Austin actually does open up... we would seriously consider it. But the state laws and conservative people that make up Austin aren't exactly my cup of tea... I feel like if I'm not a conservative right-wing anti-Obama Christian with a garage full of guns, then I would be outcasted... and that's not where we want to raise our family. Those aren't my people.

Mountain View... well, meh.
Yes it's in San Fran, which is a really awesome area... but the homes start at $2Mil. Let me repeat that-- home prices START AT TWO MILLION DOLLARS.
LOLOL.
ANYWAY!

So, Ryan & I had a serious talk over the weekend about our options. We have decided that, unless Austin opens up...
 WE MAY POSSIBLY BE BUILDING A HOUSE IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA!!

My life is a dream.
The idea of having a house in LA isn't exactly ideal (unless you have a few million sitting around) so I was hesitant... until recently when one of Ryan's coworkers built a 3-story townhouse in Hawthorne, for under $500K! That's seriously unheard of.
So I began researching, and have found several companies offering this option. The townhouses are built to order, modern, spacious, 3 floors, and have 4 bedrooms.
AND a 2 car garage.
AND a laundry room.
AND it's near the beach.
AND it's not in Inglewood.
(if these seem like no-big-deals, you've never visited LA).
AND of course, they are in the ever-so-awesome city of Los Angeles.

So we're thinking. We're pondering. We're making plans. Can't wait to see where we go!:)





No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-41200382-1